June 28, 2010

A Smoothie A Day

Keeps the toxins away? Maybe that's just the hopeful yogi in me. This weekend my eating patterns have been really weird and, dare I say, not entirely healthy. Yesterday consisted of eating two large meals instead of my usual smaller five meals, so my stomach is definitely feeling out of whack. When that's the case, I turn to smoothies. Easily digested, light and nutrient dense, they're the perfect breakfast for a battered stomach on the road to recovery. Like my carrot smoothie, this one is different because it doesn't contain any greens. I still definitely prefer greens in my smoothie, but this worked in a pinch.


Berry cinnamon coconut smoothie
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 scoop rice protein powder
- 1/4 cup each blueberries and blackberries
- 1/4 oats
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp flax
- 4 ice cubes
- Cinnamon for topping (opt)


This, in addition to the Hatha yoga session I did this morning, should hopefully help rid my body of toxins. I'm going to be kind to my body (especially my stomach) for the next few days because I definitely need to get back on track. I'm off to relax a bit, go to the gym and maybe hit the pool. Guten tag!

0 comments:

Post a Comment