December 9, 2010

Chocolate Cranberry Yogurt Bread

So, the scone recipe will have to wait a bit since I foolishly deleted all of the pictures on my computer. I'm planning on improving the recipe, though, so stay tuned. I promise they're worth the wait!

Until then, let me introduce you to yet another quickbread. I told myself I wouldn't make another one, but I couldn't resist. I love them. I eat them in a matter of days and make amazing french toast with thick leftover slices. It's a problem, but a problem that is welcomed in my life.



This bread made my kitchen smell like a chocolate shop. Isn't it wonderful how cocoa powder has that effect? Except for the scent of chocolate instantly making me ravenous, it's one of my favorite things on Earth.



Shining with delicate crystals of sugar and speckled with big, ruby cranberries, this bread is picture perfect for the holidays. I do warn you though, the flavor of this isn't for the faint of heart. It's rich, tart and bold. If you think you can handle it (I know you can), then give it a go! Oh, and it's also incredibly moist. Like, almost falling apart while still warm moist. I'm in love.


Chocolate cranberry yogurt bread
Ingredients

- 1 1/2 cups white spelt flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups cranberries

- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (cow, goat, soy - whatever you have)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla

Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift dry ingredients in a large bowl (along with cranberries). In another bowl, combine wet ingredients. Add wet to dry and combine just enough for the batter to come together. Press into a greased and floured loaf pan, sprinkle with additional sugar if desired, and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Allow to cool and serve! Will keep wrapped in foil for 2-3 days.

Makes 1 loaf

post signature

Bookmark and Share

10 comments:

  1. Never baked bread with yogurt before....will have to try this soon!!! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, talk about the perfect baked holiday gift to share. Loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I also have plans for cranberries soon. Baking quick breads is addictive because it is so fun and easy to make... and eat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! I like the idea of a home smelling like a chocolate shop...yum! I really enjoy your recipes :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. @fitchocoholic

    It makes it so moist! This bread tasted more like chocolate cake than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Tiffany

    They are! I think they're my favorite thing to bake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey! i just found your blog and i love it! what awesome + unique recipes you have (and not just the same ones ive been seeing on everyone elses blogs) and i love your food philosophy + reading about your weight loss journey... totally so glad i found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Natalie @ cinnamonbums

    Hi Natalie! Thank you so much for stopping by. :) I'm so glad you enjoy the blog and I'll definitely keep posting awesome recipes!

    ReplyDelete