February 23, 2011

ABCs of Me

I currently have a pantry full of limes, soft corn tortillas and fire roasted tomatoes. Any guesses as to what I'm making? Rest assured, the recipe will be coming shortly, and it will be a great one. Until then, here's something I found around the blog world, and I thought it'd be a fun switch up over here at Organically Me. Truth be told, I'm just incredibly verbose and enjoy most opportunities to talk about myself.

A: Age: 21

B: Bed size: Depressingly, uncomfortably firm and small dorm-sized twin bed.

C. Chore you hate: Vacuuming. I'll do dishes until I have dish pan hands and water all over my shirt, but give me a vacuum and I run for the hills.

D. Dogs: I'm petrified of large dogs. Once, a dog about as large as me tackled me to the ground in an attempt to "play" with me. I didn't find it so funny. In fact, I was whaling and crying while its owner stood aside giggling. Now I shudder whenever I see a dog larger than, say, a chihuahua.

I like kitties.



E. Essential start to your day: Well, the true essential start to my day isn't exactly appropriate for the blog, so I'll go ahead and say caffeine. This morning it'll be in the form of mango black tea.

F. Favorite color: Yellow

G. Gold or silver: Silver.

H: Height: 5'8"

I: Instruments that you can play: Do utensils count? I can totally rock a spork.

J: Job title: Broke college student. I do it well.

K: Kids: Don't even joke about that one.

L: Live: Massachusetts. In the #1 college town of the world, baby! I'd much rather live in Orlando, though. I miss it almost every day.


But not the gators.

M: Mom's name: Theresa. Hi mom!

N: Nicknames: My sister calls me Ica (ee-kuh) because she couldn't say my name when she was a bambina. My friends call me K-Poww, X-Tina, and, when I've been bad, XXX-Tina.

O: Overnight hospital stays: Only when I was born, thankfully.

P: Pet peeve: We'd be here all day if I told you all of my pet peeves. Here's one: People who constantly complain about some aspect of their life but don't do anything to better themselves. I won't force you to change, but don't complain to me about it all the livelong day.

Q: Quote from a movie: "Okay, but, street slang is an increasingly valid form of expression. Most of the feminine pronouns do have mocking, but not necessarily in misogynistic undertones". Name that flick!

R: Righty or lefty: Righty.

S: Sibling: I have a 17-year old sister and 2 older half broskis.

T: Time you wake up: It ranges anywhere from 7AM-10AM depending on how lazy I feel that day.

U: Underwear: Under there!

V: Vegetables you dislike: Honestly? None. I even kinda like okra.

W: What makes you run late: Life? I wish I were one of those people that are always prompt, really, I do. However, I will forever be fashionably late for everything. Especially class.

X: X-rays: Only of my teeth. One time in particular was when my little sister knocked my front tooth out with a calculator. I spent the rest of that day scared beyond belief, but was too afraid to tell my mom because I didn't know what would happen. So, instead, I barely opened my mouth all day and when my mom asked why my front tooth looked black, I told her that a piece of lettuce was stuck to it. She finally discovered the truth when we were at Burger King and I was not-so-discreetly trying to hide it while eating chicken nuggets.

Y: Yummy food you make: I happen to think all my food is yummy, but I'm biased. Head over to my recipe page to judge for yourself. I'm pretty partial to these, though:


Lentil balls! I'm also partial to my friend Kelli, and her face.

Z: Zoo animal: Anything but an elephant. Seriously, in addition to large dogs, I'm also afraid of elephants. So afraid that I broke my nana's elephant statue when I was a kid because it looked menacing.

I dig flamingos.



post signature