April 7, 2011

Hello! Guten Tag! How the Heck Are Ya?

Today I laced on my new running shoes, went outside and did something fantastic. Did I go for a run?

No.

I walked.

I turned on my Explosions in the Sky Pandora station, let go of all negative thoughts, and just kept walking. I let myself breathe in the scents of spring and saw things I never noticed before - trickling springs, broken bottles strewn across the roads that looked akin to a mural of stained glass, and smiling faces that I hadn't encountered before. The most beautiful part is that I found myself smiling back. At people. At nature. At just being alive. I felt beautiful and full of life for the first time in a while, and all I was doing was just walking and experiencing everything the outdoors had to offer.

And it was wonderful.


I know it has been a while, but I'm really, truly back now. In more ways than one. Thank you for putting up with me; I won't leave you all again!

P.S: One of my poems was published!

post signature