June 20, 2011

Shamu and Circuits

The other day I went to this little place - I'm not sure if you've heard of it - called Sea World. ;)



I've only gone once before, and I wasn't too impressed. I saw some sad animals, including a very lonesome looking polar bear, and the whole excursion just made me pretty mopey. I don't enjoy seeing animals held in capivity. But, since my padre told me to pick two parks that I wanted to go to, I figured I'd give Sea World another try.

I'm so glad I did.



I went into it with an open mind, saw some incredibly beautiful shows (especially A'Lure; positively gorgeous) and got up close & personal with some precious baby dolphins.



And some killer whale love.



***

Disclaimer: I am not a certified physical trainer. Please consult a trainer or doctor before performing this workout.

I spent days formulating an at-home circuit work out that requires no equipment, will raise your heart rate quickly, and make you sweat like a beast. This workout is designed for beginners or intermediate-beginners, is fun, fast, and will work multiple muscle groups.


1. Wall sit (works the quads): Hold for 30 seconds
2. High knees: 30 seconds
3. Plie squats (works the thighs, hips, and booty): 10-12 reps
4. Rock & roll core twists (works the obliques): 8-10 reps
5. Dolphin plank (strengthens arms, core and shoulders): Start in dolphin plank pose, then push back to downward facing dog. 10-12 reps.
6. Stepping leg lift (works the booty): 10-12 reps.
7. Chair calf raise (works the hamstrings): 10-12 reps.
8. Superman (works the lower back and booty): 30 seconds

Repeat 2-3 times.

I promise this workout is a good one; let me know if you try it!

post signature