August 25, 2010

Desserts for Moi: Raw Key Lime Bar

I had a lot of down time today, which usually means that I go into grandma mode (i.e. baking and reading all day). However, every time I decided on something to bake, the craving for it blew out the window. I had scones in mind for hours, but when I went into the kitchen to take out the flour, my taste for them was gone. I'm not sure why, but it more or less drove me nuts. So, when the next craving for something including lime showed up, I quickly "cooked" something up before the cycle continued. Luckily, for sanity's sake, it ended well.


Raw key lime bar
Ingredients

- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked at least 1 hour
- 1 1/2 tsp agave
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Zest and juice of 1 key lime
- 1/4 cup water, reserved
- 1 tsp unsweetened dried coconut
- Tiny pinch of sea salt

Instructions
- Add all ingredients aside from unsweetened coconut in a food processor and process until completely smooth. Add water as needed to create a smooth, thick consistency.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and fold in coconut until combined.
- Pour into a mini tart pan or cupcake mold and freeze at least 3 hours. Only take it out prior to serving so it doesn't begin to melt. Pucker up and enjoy!


I'm glad I didn't let this craving pass by because this little treat was divine. It was just tart enough and super creamy. It has a consistency similar to a frozen custard more so than a pie, but I actually really enjoyed that. Not only is it tasty, but it's also incredibly healthy, filling, and chock full of healthy fats and detoxifiers.


It helps that it's adorable, too. Then again, I tend to gravitate towards small foods in general. I have been known to buy produce based on cuteness on many occasions.

10 comments:

  1. i just now started liking key lime stuff. key lime pie can be so darn tart, but key lime cookies are YUM! i think i could handle this recpe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got to stop posting these individual size dessert recipes! Haha, kidding ;) but seriously, I want to make them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'd like it, Christina. It's more creamy than tart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, make them and enjoy them! They're healthy and oh so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to make these on sunday :) they would be perfect for a hot summer's day, but I think a freezing cold one would work just as good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope you enjoy them on Sunday. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good! I'm actually going to try to make this.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Let me know how you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beneficial info and excellent design you got here! I want to thank you for sharing your ideas and putting the time into the stuff you publish! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete