June 21, 2010

Detoxify

After doing some damage to my body this weekend, it was definitely time to detoxify. My goal was to have a relaxing day complete with yoga, baking and whole foods. So far, so good. This afternoon, after baking and doing Core Yoga from Yoga Download, I decided to make myself a detoxifying smoothie:


- 1 handful kale
- 1/2 nanner
- Juice of one orange
- 4 strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp rice protein powder
- 1 tbsp flax
- Stevia, to taste (opt)

I think I prefer almond milk based smoothies, but this was lighter and packed the fruity punch I needed.

Preview for my baking experiment du jour:


Any guesses?

6 comments:

  1. The smoothie actually sounds good with the OJ. I could see how that would really taste lighter. Hope you're having a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely a nice change. I hope you are as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh those are something with almonds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. are those raw maccaroons? They look like the ones from someone else's blog I follow :)

    ReplyDelete