April 9, 2010

Mixing of seasons

This morning included a breakfast of firsts. I really wanted to try pumpkin pie yogurt a la Kath so I whipped some up this morning. It had:



- 1/2 cup Wildwood plain soyogurt
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp ground flax
- LOTS of cinnamon
- Dash of ground ginger
- A drop or two of agave

I mixed everything together and popped it in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up. Topped with 1/3 cup puffed rice (toasted for about 8 mins in a 375 oven so that it doesn't turn to mush) and a sprinkle of toasted walnuts. This will probably get made often; thanks for the delicious recipe, Kath!

Yesterday, a couple friends and I stopped into Whole Foods (my mecca) because they wanted free samples. I was immediately hit by a huge display of beautiful champagne mangoes. The best part? They were on sale for 2/$1.50! I've never been a fan of mangoes, but I really wanted to try this variety. When I checked out, the cashier asked me if I had tried them before. When I said no, she raved about them and said she hoped I would enjoy them. Well...


It was sweet, juicy and almost buttery smooth. I want to go back and buy 20.


I'm sure I confused my taste buds with the amalgamation of autumn and tropical fruit, but I'm satisfied.

0 comments:

Post a Comment