May 6, 2010

Down in the Dumps

I woke up today, quite frankly, feeling like crap. I was up late teaching my friend how to dance and woke up far too early, leaving me with a headache that hasn't gone away all day. So, what do I do to try to help?


Make Moroccan mint tea, sort of. My version is just a green tea bag + torn mint leaves.


I look so happy.

Then attempted to raise my spirits by having a summery dinner of bbq tofu, baked potato with Earth Balance and cracked pepper, and baked corn on the cob.




BBQ tofu
This is basically a "no-recipe recipe". I used a little under 1/2 a block of extra firm tofu, and rubbed it with:
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Pinch of garlic and onion powder
- Pinch of sea salt

Then I grilled it for 3-4 minutes on each side, coated with bbq sauce (I just used Annie's brand because I don't have the ingredients to make my own) and grilled for another 3-4 minutes.

It was delicious, but it just didn't hit the spot, yanno? I should have made something more comforting. Maybe a nice soup is in store for tomorrow. I've also been craving pizza. Decisions, decisions. Hopefully yoga makes me feel a bit better. Goodnight!

7 comments:

  1. we must discuss your nail color ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great? It's "For Audrey" by Chine Glaze; it's my favorite. I've been really wanting a pretty lavender though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love bbq tofu. I made some the other day and topped with a sweet n' spicy kale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet 'n spicy kale sounds heavenly. I've been on a kale kick lately, especially massaged kale salads and kale chips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been leery of the massaged kale, but love to cook it in OJ or steam it. I also like the kale chips too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you aren't feeling well. Wishing you health!

    Also, I made bbq tofu and corn on the cob the other day----such a heavenly combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather: I was leery of it for a while too, but it's quite delicious. I recommend trying it sometime. :)

    Marja: Thank you! It is indeed a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete