June 22, 2011

My First Day of Summer + Orlando Page

How did you spend your first day of summer?

I spent it at this glorious place:



Epcot! Even though I had a long, fun-packed day at all of the Disney parks when I first got here, I wanted to go back to Epcot for some more shenanigans and 'traveling'.




Why take pictures of the park when I can take pictures of ducklings?


Being that it was 103 and deathly humid outside, lots of stops were made at Club Cool, where I had copious samples of Chinese watermelon soda. I don't normally drink soda, especially regular kinds, but, in that heat, I would have drank toilet water if someone offered it to me.



Though we went on all of the rides, I was really there for the food. After some walking and fun, we rolled into the Soarin' building for lunch.



Disney is known for extremely high prices at, well, everything. But I managed to find some inexpensive eats that took my palete on a thrill ride.

Sunshine Seasons is an awesome food court filled with a plethora of options, including sandwiches, salads, Asian cuisine, and a delicious bakery; most things are under $10-15. For lunch I rolled with a roasted beet & goat cheese salad in a honey sherry vinaigrette.



This large, absolutely delectable salad was less than $8, making it both inexpensive and healthy.



Did you know that Disney grows most of their produce on sight? The veggies in my salad were Disney's own! They also grow a lot of incredible tropical fruit, including the dragonfruit, which is my personal favorite.

After more walking and pursuing around Future World, we skipped off to the Around the World section for some country hopping. After a brief stop in Canada, some falafel dreaming in Morroco, and a burning desire to consume four pints of beer in England, we stopped in Germany.



Oh, Germany. I love German beer. I love German chocolate cake. I love sauerkraut. I love the Werther's caramel store in Epcot.

Somehow, some way, this happened while in the caramel store.



Dear me. Less than $4.00 for one of the best cupcakes I've ever had.

At around 7pm, it was unfortunately time to leave. I wish I could show you a healthy, delicious dinner that I had in one of the countries before leaving, but that didn't happen.

What did happen, you ask?

Um. Well. You see...I, um..sort of had an ice cream cone the size of my face. For dinner.

What? It was hot.

***

I'm working on an Orlando page to feature on the blog. It'll be full of restaurant, park, bar, and other activity reviews, so anyone traveling to O-Town can get some fun ideas. I'll have a link up when it's done!

post signature