Pesto purple potato salad with white beans
- 1lb purple potatoes
- 1 15 oz can white beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup pesto (use your preferred recipe)
- S&P, to taste
- Parsley, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil on medium high heat.
- Gently place potatoes in boiling water and cook for around 20 minutes, or until a fork pierces the potato easily. Note: I boil my potatoes whole because they lose the least amount of nutrients that way, but feel free to halve or quarter them. If you choose to do that they'll cook faster, so check after 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes. If whole, quarter them once they've cooled slightly. Then toss potatoes and beans in pesto until throroughly coated. Season to taste and garnish with fresh parsley.
This can be served immediately, left at room temperature or chilled. I served it at room temperature because I don't like cold, hard potatoes and I find that the flavor of potatoes is best at room temp. Plus, leaving it out for about an hour allowed the flavors to mingle for a bit.
While the potatoes taste no different than red skinned potatoes, the color made the dish extra special. In my opinion, if a dish looks beautiful, it's more enjoyable to eat. I know that I was happy while I was