Plum Berry Crisp
- 2 plums, cubed
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/8 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tbsp Earth Balance
- Cinnamon, nutmeg and clove, to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all filling ingredients together and set aside so they can release their juices and thicken.
- While the filling does its thing, mix together all toppings ingredients aside from the Earth Balance. Once mixed, dot the mixture with Earth Balance and mix together with your hand, until crumbly.
- Put fruit in an oven safe bowl (I use this) and sprinkle topping over top. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and top is golden brown. Allow to cool and enjoy!
This was absolutely comforting. The plums added a touch of late summer while the spices in the topping reminded me that autumn (my favorite season) is around the corner. It's around this time that I start to whip out the cinnamon and pumpkin scented candles and crafting autumnal dishes to make. I love summer and have enjoyed it immensely, but there's nothing like the warmth and comfort of autumn.
Well, back to the drawing board.