Pumpkin spice millet parfait
- 1/4 cup millet, dry
- ~3/4 cup milk (or water)
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice blend
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Wildwood soyogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp maca
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Pumpkin seeds and golden raisins, for garnish
- Prepare the millet the night before: Toast millet on a dry pan until it smells slightly nutty and starts popping. Meanwhile, bring milk, pumpkin spice and cinnamon to a low boil, add toasted millet and bring down to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Let stand for 5 minutes, fluff with a fork, and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, combine yogurt blend ingredients.
- Alternate layers of millet and yogurt in a glass, top with pumpkin seeds and raisins, grab an iced tea spoon and feast!
I loved this. I usually have oatmeal, breakfast cookies or smoothies for breakfast, so this was a welcomed weekend breakfast change. The millet was chewy and spicy but became so creamy when it mixed with the yogurt. It tasted so decadent but is full of so many awesome nutrients. I can't wait to make more of these. In fact, I know exactly what I'm going to do next, so stay tuned.
Happy holiday weekend! I'm going home to spend some time with my mom and hopefully do some fall activities.