Similar to my raw gingerbread ice cream sandwiches, these could technically feed two people. Two people with small appetites. Me, I find no shame in polishing off the whole batch because they're delicious, healthy, and small.
Raw chocolate covered cherries
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 heaping tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp agave
- 2 cherries, halved
- Tiny pinch of sea salt
- Opt add ins: pinch of maca and/or spirulina
- In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients aside from cherries until smooth and glossy.
- Using a teaspoon, pour a layer of chocolate on the bottom of a mold or cupcake liner (I used a heart shape ice cube tray from Ikea that worked perfectly). Place in the fridge to set.
- Once set, place a cherry half in the center of each mold and cover with another layer of chocolate until everything is enrobed with a thick, rich layer of cacao syrup. Set in the fridge or freezer until serving.
I used to love chocolate covered cherries, but didn't like the overly sweet, processed syrup inside. These are so gloriously decadent that you'll forget they're actually good for you. They're rich, not overly sweet, and have a fresh burst in the center from the cherry. They would also make a great little gift for a significant other, or for yourself at the end of a long day. I choose the latter.