Mock tuna salad
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 dill pickle, diced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp nori or dulse flakes
- 3 tbsp unsweetened plain soyogurt (Wildwood)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Old Bay, to taste
- S&P, to taste
- Mash chickpeas roughly using a fork or potato masher. Alternatively, add them to a food processor and pulse until desired consistency is reached.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Chill until serve.
The verdict? So good! It tastes very similar to tuna salad because of the nori and Old Bay and all of the flavors worked super well together. I've used chickpeas to make "chicken" salad before, but I prefer this! It's inexpensive, easy to make and tasty.
I had mine on a deliciously doughy pita with romaine and tomato. Perfetto.
Be back later with a (hopefully) successful veggie burger recipe! Happy Tuesday. :D