Cold sesame ginger noodles
- 2oz noodles of choice (ideally udon or soba)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 medium cucumber, julienned
- 1/4 cup edamame
- 1/2 red pepper, julienned
- 1-2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 tsp agave
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch red pepper flake
- Boil noodles according to package directions, set aside.
- In a medium/large bowl, combine sauce ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Julienne all vegetables and add them to sauce bowl. Add noodles, stir to combine and chill for at least two hours. The longer it sits, the better the flavor gets.
- Before serving, toast sesame seeds and stir them into noodle dish. Enjoy!
I made this at around 11AM and let it sit in the fridge until dinner time. The flavors were perfect and it definitely hit the spot. Cold noodle dishes are lovely on hot days. Last day of classes was today, so now I get to really relax!