May 8, 2011

To My Mom

Mom,

You held my hand when I first learned to walk. Through every stumble, you were there.

You held my hand when I first started school. It was the first time we were apart, but even still, you were there.

You held my hand throughout the years that I was horribly teased. With every insult, every laugh and sneer, and ever tear I shed, you were there.

You held my hand when I wasn't sure where, or if, I was going to college. Those last few months of High School and that summer were difficult; your reassuring words helped, and as always, you were there.

You held my hand when I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my life. I switched from English to Nutrition and ended up confused and messing up my college journey. Regardless of my mess ups, you were there.

You held my hand when I started this blog. Even though I was spending money left and right on food that you never even thought I liked, you supported me, did everything you could to help, and you were there.

You held my hand through every up and down, every laugh and every sob, everything that scared me and joyfully excited me. Every moment of my life - no matter what it is, where it happened or when - you were there.



Mom,

Just know that I will hold your hand through anything that happens. I know the coming months will be difficult and stressful, but you will always have me. No matter where I am, no matter how you feel, and no matter what happens, I will be there. Always.

I love you more than anything. Please remember that.

Happy Mother's Day.


post signature