First up for my pumpkin adventures is breakfast. I've had hot pumpkin oats and they were delicious, but I much prefer cold oats lately. I've had my share of the typical blog overnight oats, but I wanted something more traditional. Enter: muesli.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp soyogurt
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1/2 apple, divided
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tbsp each pumpkin seeds + slivered almonds
- 1/2 tbsp hemp seeds
- Sprinkle of dried cranberries
- Cinnamon and nutmeg, to taste
- The night before, soak oats in banana, non-dairy milk and soyogurt.
- The morning of, grate 1/4 of the apple and cut the remainder into bite-size cubes. Add apple and remaining ingredients, stir and eat!
I know this isn't technically traditional muesli since it uses more oats than normal, but this took overnight oats to a whole other level. I LOVED the addition of the apple and using less milk resulted in creamier, heartier oats. It basically tasted like autumn in a bowl; I can see myself eating many of them through the coming months.
The bowl is the one I painted at All Fired Up in Winter Park. I'm in love.