This morning started off with a delicious breakfast cookie:
1/2 cup oats, 1 tbsp sunbutter, 1 tbsp rice protein, 1/8 cup coconut milk, cinnamon, sea salt, 1/2 mashed banana, goji berries and shredded coconut. Topped with the other banana half. Dee-lish.
Which segues nicely into the cookie creation I made yesterday afternoon!
Go go goji cookies
Makes 12-15, depending on size (I got 13)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 tsp whole flax seeds
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, liquid
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine all dry ingredients aside from goji berries and almonds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. Add wet to dry and mix until batter begins to come together.
- Add goji berries and almonds. Mix again to thoroughly combine, but don't overmix.
- Using 1/8 cup measure*, scoop mixture and press into the cup. The cookie should pop out easily, but if you're worried then feel free to coat the measuring cup with non-stick spray or coconut oil. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. The inside will still feel a little soft, but will harden as they sit out. Allow to cool and try not to eat them all in one sitting.
* If you want smaller cookies, then feel free to measure them out differently. I found this worked best because the batter is on the crumbly side, so pressing it into the measuring cup worked marvelously. Plus, I love big cookies.
This was another recipe that had me going "Oh my God" Usher style. I had to use all my willpower not to eat them all. The edges are crispy and buttery and the insides are chewy and dense. There are nice chunks of oats and almonds and the goji berries have a tartness which offsets the sweetness of the cookie nicely.
These are just...divine. And large. Two adjectives I want in a cookie. Aside from my raw cupcakes, this is the best sweet treat I've ever made.
This afternoon I'm heading to Tampa for my first blogger meet-up! I'm so excited! Have a fab day. :)