Banana cardamom quick bread
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp instant espresso or coffee
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp turbinado sugar, for garnish
- 3 bananas, 1/2 reserved
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup grade A maple syrup
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Mash 2 1/2 bananas and add to wet ingredients. Then chop the remaining half banana and add it to wet ingredients.
- Add wet to dry and mix until thoroughly combined. Pour into a greased loaf pan, sprinkle with turbinado sugar and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Allow to cool before removing from the loaf pan. Enjoy!
I couldn't wait until dessert so I had a small end piece with my lunch. This was heaven! Moist but perfectly cooked, delicately spiced, just the right amount of chocolate - simply heaven. This was actually my first time making quick bread that didn't come from a box, so I'm quite impressed.
Now, to stop myself from eating the whole loaf in one sitting.