Raw summer tomato & corn soup
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved
- 4 sundried tomatoes, rinsed in water for 10-15 mins
- 1 small ear of corn, raw, kernels removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil + 1 tsp
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Pinch o' red peppa
- Stand a corn cob in a large bowl. Using a knife, cut using a downward motion. Kernels will fall into the bowl, not all over the counter. Set aside.
- Put remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Put soup in bowl, mix in 1/2 the corn. Garnish with corn, rosemary (or basil) and a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!
This was better than any tomato soup I've ever had. Fresh, flavorful and herbaceous. The corn added a nice texture and a sweetness that complemented the sweetness of the tomatoes and contrasted with the savory aspects of the dish. Campell's, eat your heart out.
Mm, mm, good.