"PB & J" oats! Made with almond butter, superfruit spread and flax. It was so creamy and delicious - definitely a new favorite.
Then I hit the gym and ran 1.5 miles! This is a big accomplishment for me, since I hated running most of my life. But the truth? Running feels AWESOME. It's so invigorating and awesome knowing that I can actually run now. I'm going to aim for getting 3 running days in per week.
Then I came home with a voracious appetite and fixed this up with the pathetic amount of food I had left in the kitchen:
Joseph's whole wheat/flax/oat bran pita with hummus, salsa, roasted peppers & onions, nooch, oregano/salt/pepper/garlic powder and baby spinach. I baked it at 350 until golden and it tasted like pizza! Delicious!
After lunch I spent hours doing what I love most: grocery shopping. Seriously, it's in my top 5 favorite things to do. I stocked up on beautiful produce (including asparagus, brussels, golden beets and berries) and many other staples. When I came home I made these:
Chocolate peanut butter rice krispie treats
Recipe adapted from here.
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used Trader Joe's unsalted chunky)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6-7 cups puffed rice cereal
- In a large sauce pan, combine brown rice syrup and agave. Bring to a boil.
- Take pot off the burner. Add peanut butter, cocoa and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Add puffed rice cereal. Mix until thoroughly coated.*
- In a greased baking dish (I used 8x8, but other sizes would work fine), press in mixture until tightly packed. Cover and put into the fridge for at least an hour until set and cooled.
- Cut into squares (I did 12, but you could do however many you desire) and enjoy!
* I highly recommend using either a wooden spoon or a silicone spatula. Things get sticky!
I can't wait to try one of these babies later. I'm not sure how sweet they'll be since I didn't have a cup of sugar on hand, but I'm sure they'll still be delicious. Next time I'll remember to buy all of the ingredients. :P