1. Began blogging as Organically Me in March, which completely changed my life for the better.
2. Spent the summer in Orlando and fell in love with the city.
3. Started to strength train and realized how much I prefer seeing baby muscles to running myself ragged on a treadmill.
4. Decided to switch from veganism to pescentarianism.
5. Organically Me became Basil & Wine.
6. Switched my major from English to Nutrition, with the hope of becoming a clinical nutritionist.
7. Changed my major back to English after deciding that nutrition wasn't for me.
8. Now, I've decided that I want to go to culinary school after I graduate, most likely for baking & pastry. I love nutrition, but not as much as I love cooking and creating food for myself and others. I want to learn everything I can about food, cooking and baking. It's my passion and my dream.
9. Began working on a book proposal. I kept this a secret but I'm SO excited over the prospect of it. Half of the book will be about my weight loss and my "road to health" and the other half will be full of fabulous recipes.
10. Unfortunately, my cat, Ashley, passed away over the summer. I love her more than anything and miss her every day. Thankfully, my mom made a grave for her in the backyard, so I can visit whenever I want; it's really lovely.
Now, here are 11 thing I want to accomplish in 2011:
1. Graduate college with a B.A in English.
2. Apply to culinary schools and find the perfect program for me. Right now, my top choices are Johnson & Wales in Charlotte and Le Cordon Bleu in Boston.
3. Finish my book proposal and start sending it out. It will be a huge undertaking, but I want it so, so badly.
4. Eat more raw foods. It was so easy for me to do in the summer, but I need to start eating raw more during the cooler months. My body is begging for some of this:
5. Bake bread. Seems simple, but I've never done it before. Yeast kind of scares me.
6. Get a job. Once again, seems simple, but it has proven to be difficult. While I'd like to consider blogging a job, it isn't exactly a fruitful career.
7. Travel more. I totally want to go on a road trip. Anywhere, really. Maybe Canada, eh?
8. Take a bikram yoga class. Or any yoga class. My bedroom can only go so far.
9. Get back on track with health and fitness. I've kind of fallen off the wagon recently and really need to dive into it again. Realistically, I'd like to work out at least 3 times a week and do yoga every day. It's just so easy to eat cookies and lounge in yoga pants during the winter, but I need to snap out of it.
10. Curb my sweet tooth. I don't want to get rid of it completely, but days have gone by when I've forgotten what a vegetable tastes like. No bueno. I'd like to aim for 1 sweet per day.
11. Continue expanding my blog and making it a big (and amazing) part of my every day.
Phew. I think that's it. Now, let's see how well I do. All I know is I'm ready for 2011! It will definitely be an exciting year for me.