Seaweed salad is my new love.
Noshing on amazing vegan cupcakes
Painting pottery (they're supposed to be cupcakes but look like muffins)
Going on scenic boat tours
and finding new ways to steam vegetables
Paper bag steamed green beans
- 1 small brown paper bag
- 1lb fresh green beans, ends cut
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2-3 slices of lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil + more for drizzling on the bag
- 1 bay leaf
- Splash of white wine
- S&P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put green beans in the bag and top with lemon slices, bay leaf, oil and wine.
- Drizzle oil on the outside of the bag and coat well to prevent burning. Close bag tightly creating a "pocket" for the beans.
- Cook for 20 minutes in the middle rack of the oven. Serve at the table by cutting center of the bag open. It makes for a nice presentation and puts a new spin on brown bagging!
The beans were perfectly steamed and the other ingredients created a sauce that was light and lemony. This would also work with most vegetables, especially asparagus.