I turned to Angela for inspiration.
Nut butter sweet potato fries
- 1/2 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp nut butter 'o choice (I used chunky almond butter)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut sweet potato into fry shape of your choice. I wanted mine to be on the thinner side.
- In a large bowl, mix nut butter and olive oil. Place sweet potatoes in the bowl and combine until thoroughly coated.
- Resist urge to lick fingers/spoon. Maybe.
- Line on a baking sheet, sprinkle with sea salt and cook for between 35-45 minutes, depending on fry thickness. Enjoy!
THESE WERE AMAZING. The nut butter creates a crust on the fries that makes them taste similar to a fried fry but way healthier and more flavorful. I love the combination of the sweet, creamy sweet potato with the nuttiness of the almond butter. I'll be making these often.
I know the original recipe(s) call for creamy nut butter, but the chunky made a cool coating on the outside and the toasted almond chunks tasted vaguely like popcorn.
I gobbled these up Augustus Gloop style.
Now I need to stock my pantry more before I go through an entire container of nut butter. Thanks, Angela!